Thursday, November 17, 2005

Why did I like tonight's episode of The Apprentice: Martha Stewart? Because Amanda was finally fired. Thank you Martha! Thank you for doing what I wished I could have done with all those "Amandas" I have had to work with over the years. You know who I'm talking about. Everyone has at least one Amanda at their office. That person who is happy to tell you what's going wrong, what they could do better, talk about how great they are at the job, yet never actually do anything. And then, whenever your project/task fails, it never seems to be their fault. Thank you thank you thank you for firing her!!!

Tonight's task was actually pretty interesting. Not because the product was great (would you really pay $169 for a coffee pot?), but because they were given $40,000 seed money. $40,000! It was interesting to see how different the 2 approaches were. And while Marcella's team hated her pastery chef idea, getting a celebrity chef was actually a great way to bring in traffic. If only the team could have sold a few machines to that traffic. And Dawna took a big risk in hiring that PR firm. Which brings me to my big question for the night -- how can I get paid $30,ooo to do 1 day of "PR" and "marketing"? I can find 20 college kids to blanket a city with advertising (20 kids at $200 for the day...ok, that's only $4,000 of my budget...). I can set up boxes. I can make posters. This is so the job for me!

Anyways, I think that Bethenny, Jim, & Leslie will be around in the finals. And Leslie is my pick to win it all. I really liked how she handled herself in tonight's episode. Hopefully, this Apprentice will have a live finale, like Donald's does. The live finale means that Martha can watch all the footage before making a final decision -- I think that makes a big difference. Seeing what goes on in the loft and behind the scenes on tasks really shows a lot about some of the contestants.

Tomorrow is Thursday...thank goodness...

No comments: