Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Tonight's finale of The Biggest Loser was amazing. The contestants looked so good -- I can't believe how much weight they lost.

Of course, there were a couple of things I did notice. First, I was not surprised in the least that Nick didn't participate. I was hoping he would, but after his "Diet Rite transformation" video (oh I love the product placements), it was clear he had a miserable experience. It's sad -- almost all of the other contestants really transformed their lives. I do say almost -- it seemed like Kathryn was really unsure of whether she wanted to be there. She looked miserable when she first came out -- probably because she saw how amazing the other contestants all looked. I wonder what happened -- why she wouldn't have at least continued the diet. I do give her a lot of credit, though, that she had the guts to still weigh in. She could have walked off the set, or not participated in the first place. But she went though with it, and I have a lot of respect for that.

Side note -- on a lot of the shows, participating in the reunion show is part of the show contract. I wonder if it was not part of the contract for The Biggest Loser (which I think is highly unlikely, considering they have a second competiton based on it) or if Nick just violated his contract. And what is the penalty for that? I am so curious...I'll be checking the web on this one!

Other than the amazing transformation of the contestants, the thing we really noticed was Caroline Ray. She usually looks so pretty and small standing next to the 300 pound contestants. But the contestants are all so skinny and toned now. And standing next to Caroline you could really tell. And to top it off she appeared to have made her hair bigger to try and counter that. I don't understand why she doesn't get in the gym and work out with the trainers now and then. She works where there is a gym! Oh dear...

Anyways, I was glad to see the final three were so close. They really changed their bodies and their lives. And even though the prizes were from Jell-o (again, got to love the product placement), it was great that all three got money. It looks like they all lost a lot more weight than the finalists on season 1 as well. (especially Suzy)

This was a great season -- I am inspired by them, and by the fact that they did this with diet and exercise -- no plastic surgery involved! I can't wait for the "special edition" (where it's families vs. families...they're not living on the ranch, and a new match-up each week) in January!

No comments: