Friday, November 11, 2005

Have I said lately that I LOVE SURVIVOR? Tonight's episode was the best in weeks.

First were the challenges. Did anyone but me think that Gary should have done much better than he did during the reward challenge? I never saw him play in the NFL, but if he were my quarterback, I would want him to be a bit more accurate. (Favre he's not) That was Gary's challenge, and he didn't even place in the top 3. Then there was Jamie giving up his spot to make up for his behavior. I know that this totally looked like a strategic move -- making sure that no one in his alliance swings against him. But I just don't think Jamie is that smart. I really think that he's just a "good old boy" who realized he needed to right a wrong. Either way, it was a smart move (and remember, he did have a huge meal a day or two ago during the immunity challenge he sat out of). I also loved the aspect that Judd got to choose two people to join him for drinks and desserts. Whenever they have to make choices like that, it always impacts the game. I'm sure Judd's alliance questioned why he chose Bobby Jon instead of Jamie, and where his real alliances lie.

The immunity challenge was also excellent, especially if you remember back to the second week when Rafe couldn't get up the rope ladder. All of a sudden, Rafe is in the final leg of the challenge. And when he fell off, I'll admit it -- I was kind of hoping Jamie would fall too so I could see Rafe get a chance to scale the rope ladder (ok, that was mean -- especially because Rafe seems like he's really a nice guy). But Jamie winning immunity was huge. I really think that he would have been going home tonight without it, especially after he told his team that Gary was going to vote for him (and what was that all about??).

So, all of a sudden, at Tribal Council, Gary pulls out the second immunity idol. I kind of figured he would, especially since he noticed that Judd was looking up, rather than at the ground. Good for him to shake things up. If he's been holding back on the challenges, now's the time to step it up. Because he is definitely next to go -- he is such a physical threat. My favorite to win right now? RAFE. Really. He is so sweet, and he's playing smart. If he can win a couple of immunity challenges towards the end, he's there.

I wish I didn't have to wait a whole week for another episode...

No comments: