Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I am a big fan of irony. And my favorite bit of irony tonight has to do with the fact that Amazing Race: Family Edition is on opposite My Name is Earl. For those of you who only watch reality tv, the basic idea behind My Name is Earl is karma -- what goes around comes around. How ironic that the one team on The Amazing Race who really should watch a show about karma can't because they are presumably watching themselves on television. Oh, sweet irony.

I just don't know where to start with the Weavers. I spent so much of the episode saying "did they just say that?" Like when they were driving through the natural beauty of Utah and one of them said "God must have spent a little less time on this state." Or the time when they were talking about the fact that a lot of Mormons live in Utah, and one of the girls said "Well that would explain it..." (it actually sounded like she said something else that was so horrible it had to be edited out). Or when the Linzs were commenting on the beauty of the waterfalls, and the Weavers called them "pimples on the mountains." Or maybe when Rolly yelled at a random biker that he wasn't Lance Armstrong. Wow. That "scenic loop" kind of came right up on you. As did the yield. And the fact that "none of the teams like you." Oh karma.

Aside from the joy of irony, my favorite part of The Amazing Race is always seeing the places that they go. And I loved looking at the scenery in Utah. In fact, I've decided that my next trip will have to be to Utah. It was just breathtaking. The producers did just a great job planning this leg of the race. I also loved watching the teams on the roadblock. Hee hee!

Hoping karma continues to bite the Weavers in the butt...

No comments: