Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Apprentice: Martha was really good tonight. Actually, I'm kind of surprised...it was really good. Donald good.

The first thing that made tonight's episode good was the task. So many of the tasks have been sales tasks -- this one wasn't, and I was really glad for that. Creating a huge display for the car was an actual challenge -- they had to both be creative and market the car. I really liked Ryan's idea and his original video. If they had actually executed, they may have pulled off a victory. Of course, the display for Primarius was elegant and with it's clean lines looked to be just what the execs wanted. And way to go Bethanny -- I'm glad to see you step up and show Dawna that you are actual competition.

The next thing I liked was the reward. Ok, I couldn't care less who they were eating with and what Charles (with his stupid cigar) is really like. What was interesting was the voice over of Charles talking about the three contestants. Sounds like Jim is nearing the end of his time on the show. And because it sounded so much like a voice over, it makes me think that Bethanny & Dawna are in the final round. (at least the "interview" round) I also liked that Jim talked "strategy" -- if you watch any reality tv at all, you would know that this is not a good idea! Don't broadcast your strategy to the other players, and certainly not to one of the execs that helps make the final decision!!!

Finally, thank you thank you thank you to whoever figured out that editing the show to tell you who gets fired is NOT a good idea! Yes, I know that it was clear that Leslie would be fired if her team lost. But that had nothing to do with the editing; it had everything to do with her talking about wishing she had another Leslie on the team (really?) and complaining about hauling furniture while wearing Armani. (ok, so that did make me laugh a bit) The editing helped this episode immensly -- it really showed how editing can make or break a reality show.

Anyways, I was glad to see Leslie go. I like Marcella, and hopefully she will choose next week as her moment to shine!

No comments: