Thursday, November 10, 2005

So, it's Martha's Apprentice night, and all is well with the world. Why? Certainly not because of the task, or the business advice, or the editing that shows you who will go home from about 20 minutes in. No, it's because of the tidbits we learn about Martha Stewart. Tonight's bit? Martha collects taxidermy.

That's right, you heard me -- Martha collects taxidermy. And not just fish. Oh no. She loves all animals. In fact, she loves taxidermy so much she had her house designed around the giant fish on the wall. Does anyone else think this is strange? When I think of Martha, I think of elegant, classy dinner parties, and making dinners at home that would rival the finest restaurants. I just don't think of giant fish mounted on the wall. My whole outlook is shaken.

The show itself was actually really good. I love the QVC task, mostly because they all think they can do it, even though they can't. When you watch QVC (alright, I admit it, sometimes I watch QVC), the hosts make it look so easy. But, like everything else in the world, sometimes the things that look easy are actually quite difficult. So Howie thought directing a 10 minute QVC spot would be easy. HA! I did, though, really enjoy the moments when he was testing the earpieces ("Jim, can you hear me?" "No, this is Dawna." "Ok, now Jim can you hear me?" "Still have Dawna." "Dawna, give me a thumbs up if you hear me." oh wait...that's Jim).

Speaking of editing letting us know who was going home, what was the deal with Amanda. I loved that Ryan noticed that every time she was on screen, the numbers dropped. And as soon as they went back to Leslie, the numbers shot back up. I think I should add the QVC control room to my list of places I would love to visit (inside the Green Monster at Fenway, Ellis Island, QVC Control Room...).

So, no surprise, Howie went home. And Mark Burnett, if you ever read blogs, PLEASE have whoever edits this show take a lesson or two from the people who edit Survivor. We don't want to know who will go home from the beginning! It takes all the fun out of watching the show!!!

Only 21 hours until Survivor...

No comments: