Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Ahhh...Tuesday night. The Biggest Loser and The Amazing Race. So good to have 2 shows at the same time! So, we'll start with The Biggest Loser. My friend Jim says that there is nothing so captivating as watching obese people on a scale. And I think he's right. Why else would I watch this show? There are more commercials than show, and the editing is horrible. But, I never miss it. And I even bought the book. Oh, the irony.

Last night's episode started strong...makeovers for everyone! Did I say strong? Because they didn't really get makeovers. Just a hair cut and some makeup. Lame. And we got to see more of Matt whining. Did he really say that he would rather be working out than getting a hair cut. That does explain a few things...

Anyways, I did like that they showed their "photo shoot" pictures alongside their starting pics. Wow, have they lost a lot of weight. It's shocking, really. I wish I could drop weight that fast. Of course, I also wish that my beloved Red Sox hadn't let Theo go, and that I could afford to sit behind home plate at Fenway. A girl can dream, can't she?

So next, we come to the challenge. Anyone who didn't see that one coming, please raise your hands. If your hand is up, you seriously need to get out more. You just knew that their loved ones were behind the signs. Although it was great to hear someone in the background say "wow, Dr. Jeff's wife is really young!" as he hugged his 16 year old daughter. I also was shocked that Seth was married, since last week it looked like he and Suzy were more of a team than the others, if you know what I mean. But while it was nice for them to see their families, I hated the challenge. There was no way the women could win. And the producers knew it too -- they put all three of them in the back of the pack to start. Hello...what was that all about? Oh well...Seth & Suzy won again...they needed that win, because they so should have been voted off long ago.

Finally, we got to the weigh-in. And here's where the producers bug me week after week. With all the tears from Andrea, you knew she and Mark would be "below the yellow line" (which might be the lamest catch-phrase ever). And why didn't the men take off their shirts this week? Did someone realize that with all the weight loss, Dr. Jeff jumping up and down on the scale was NOT a pretty sight? And yes, Andrea and Mark were "below the yellow line."

So when it comes time for elimination, we got to see Matt cry again (oh come on!), and Mark was finally eliminated. I can't believe I love this show...

No comments: