Friday, November 18, 2005

If there was an Emmy handed out for best expression at Tribal Council, Judd & Gary would be walking away with the statues tonight. This is exactly why Survivor is my favorite show.

Tonight's challenges were the center of the show. While the reward challenge wasn't all that exciting to watch, the reward was fantastic. I can't remember a Survivor reward that was like this before. They've had getaway rewards, they've had family video rewards, they've had rewards where they can take a friend or two. But never all at once. And even more important was that half of the tribe got to enjoy the reward. Regardless of how the teams randomly broke down, sharing that reward was going to shake up the game. See, I told you that Mark Burnett was a genius. :)

The immunity challenge was great too. I'm feeling really smart because I thought Rafe would win (but you already knew that right?), but I loved watching Judd trying to figure it out. "You giving up Judd?""No Jeff, I'm just trying to figure it out." Wow. And with Lydia's size, I would have thought she would at least get to the second round. Which brings up an interesting point -- why is Lydia still there? I like her -- she seems really nice, really geniune, someone who I would like to be friends with. But that doesn't mean she should win Survivor. And even if they just drag her along a little longer, remember that some of the challenges are always mental. If she wins immunity at the right time (like she easily could in a "Fallen Commrades" challenge), she could sneak right into the finals. And don't think she deserves it. Sorry Lydia.

Jamie Jamie Jamie. When Rafe finally said to you "if you ask me one more time, I will vote for you," maybe it's time to shut up. The original alliance still has the number advantage, and they've eliminated their loose cannon. And he proved that he was the right choice when he was elminated. Although the expressions on Judd & Gary's faces were priceless. Yes, I rewound so I could see them again. Wow. Can't wait till next week...

No comments: