Wednesday, November 16, 2005

If you're a fan of final immunity challenges on Survivor, you probably loved the challenge on tonight's episode of The Biggest Loser. For those of you who are new to Survivor (really? where have you been??), the final immunity challenge is always some sort of endurance challenge. It can last for hours, and is just a sheer test of will. So tonight's challenge was very similar. Contestants had to hang on to a pole suspended over a pool. There was a small ledge to put your feet, but that was it. It was a test of will -- who wanted it more. I like challenges like this -- it shows what the contestants are really made of. And it was no surprise that Andrea won. Regardless of what anyone says about her, she has such spirit. And if she watched last season, she had to figure that she might get to see her husband at the hotel.

What I didn't understand was the temptation. Yes, I understood how it worked. But why didn't they tell the contestants that there wasn't actually immunity up for grabs? And if they thought there was immunity, why on earth wouldn't they take the chance?

Before the weigh in, I told my husband that Andrea should choose Jeff to give the pounds to, and even though you don't know for sure that I did this (really, I did), I was right. He was bound to have a low week sooner or later, and she knew that as soon as he was below the yellow line, he would be gone -- he was too big of a threat. And that's exactly what happened. But did you see the "after" shots? He's lost 130 pounds! That's another person! And he looks totally different. I can't wait for the finale to see what he looks like. And if they do a second prize for the player overall with the highest percentage lost, he's sure to win. What an inspiration.

No comments: