Friday, November 11, 2005

Tonight's board room on The Apprentice showed why Donald's version has such higher ratings than Martha's -- boardroom boardroom boardroom.

So the task itself was easy -- create an advertising display for Star Wars Episode III. If you saw the any of the Star Wars movies (or even the never ending ads for them), you knew that the whole point of the movie was to find out how Darth Vadar became Darth Vadar. Of course, the task would be easier if you bothered to show up for the meeting with the execs. Here's where I get on my soapbox for a minute -- being late is such a pet peeve of mine. When I was interviewing for jobs, I would figure out how long it would take to get there, then leave an hour early. Really. I would usually figure out where the closest Starbucks was when I figured out the directions as well, just so I would have somewhere to go while I waited. I was never late. I even got to spend an hour in a small town in Virginia (where when I walked into a small store, I was greeted by the locals because they had never seen me before). So why oh why would Brian leave 15 minutes before the meeting? It can take 15 minutes just to get a cab!

Because they missed their meeting, Excel had to rely on Randall to tell them about the movies. I guess they should have been thankful at that point to have a fan on their team. But they didn't even attempt to reschedule the meeting, or find someone else to meet with. Brian pretty much sealed his fate. (although Marshawn did make a strong case to get fired by bailing on the presentation)

Over at Capital Edge, Clay was being Clay. Not only did he let Alla run the entire task, he actually walked away from the photo shoot to flirt with a production assistant. Maybe it's just me, but that seems a bit unethical. Flirting on a job interview is on everyone's list of "don'ts." Thank goodness Alla is so good. I think she and Randall will fight it out in the end.

But again, the best part of the show was the boardroom. While we knew that Excel would win, it was great to see the entire team vote against Clay having an exemption. And was he actually shocked? If you didn't see that coming, maybe Trump should fire you right now. And Marshawn...don't lie in the boardroom. First you said that you didn't present because you thought Brian could do a better job. Then you said that you thought Rebecca needed to do it. Which was it? I'm glad that Trump caught that too. And then came the shocker -- Brian AND Marshawn got fired. Really, Brian should have gone a few weeks ago when he fired the entire team -- the only thing that saved him that week was his exemption. And Marshawn, well...didn't you learn from last week that playing "cover your ass" will only get you fired?

Thank you Mark Burnett for making my Thursday night so great. I'm still hoping to have dinner with you...my husband won't mind too much. :)

No comments: