Monday, March 05, 2007

Rob & Amber Contiune to Dominate

The Amazing Race: All Stars is starting to really heat up. And of the three reality shows on tv Sunday, it was far and away the best of the night.

Once again, Rob & Amber showed why they are the team to beat. First, they were one of only two teams to realize that getting booked on a flight in the middle of the night was far more likely if they went somewhere with internet access than waiting in line at the airport. How the other teams didn’t realize to do this as well is beyond me – did they not pay attention the first time they raced? Rob & Amber also have gotten into everyone’s heads. Everyone is so concerned about where they are that they are able to just zoom ahead.

The leg itself was fantastic – a nice mix of driving (it’s shocking how many races are decided by who can get from location to location without getting lost) and tasks. The roadblock was great, and one that there’s no way I could have done. And how great was Rob’s commentary on Eric shouting at Danielle? I have it on rather good authority that they (Eric & Danielle) are no longer together…it’s not hard to see why. The detour was great too. I would have been petrified to do the rapids, but it did look like it was a lot of fun.

This leg made me like Terri & Ian more than before. It’s always been Ian that annoyed me, but he’s starting to grow on me. I loved the way they handled Mirna & Charla at the airport, and Terri’s attitude when she fell out of the boat was great. At the same time, Mirna & Charla are annoying me more than ever. Why do they feel that they need to be confrontational with everyone? And I hate how they attempt to speak other languages – asking a question in English while throwing in an “amigo” and an extra “o” at the end of a couple of words doesn’t mean you’re speaking Spanish. And it’s rather insulting as well.

I was bummed that Dave & Mary were eliminated, especially over Mirna & Charla. They were one of the most genuine teams on the race (maybe even to ever run the race), and seemed to truly appreciate the opportunity to see the world. If only everyone had that kind of attitude.

No comments: