Wednesday, March 21, 2007

British Invasion Week Ends With a Shock

It's results night on Idol, and I've been looking forward to it all day (it was quite a day at work). I also want to share my theory about the crying girl in the crowd last night. She was all over the news today - I feel a bit bad that she's gotten her 15 minutes of fame at 10 years old. I also truly believe that she was a plant by the producers. Yes, she was probably crying for real with excitement. But I think that she was probably sobbing like that during the dress rehearsal and a producer moved her right to the front of the theater. Do you really think anything on this show is a coincidence? (**UPDATE - 3/22 - it has been confirmed that that's exactly what happened - she was crying during rehearsal, so they moved her to the front for the actual show**

The bigger question, though, I think has to be about the Ford music video. Why was it the best performance of the night? And why was Brad Garrett on the couch with the contestants? Does he really need viewers that bad?

Seacrest tried out a new way to torture the contestants and to "pull out the bottom three" tonight. I wonder if it's all him, or if there are some sort of producers meetings to determine how he'll do it. And I wonder if I can sit in one time (come on...please?...). The bottom two? An actual shocker this week - Chris Richardson and Stephanie. Sanjaya wasn't even in the bottom three. This is ridiculous. In the end Stephanie is going home. And once again, they ran too long and she didn't get to sing one last time (though it didn't seem like they even tried to have her sing tonight)...but we did get to continue to hear the amazing Daughtry (does anyone else believe that not winning was the best thing that could have happened to his career? God, I still love him...). Go figure.

No comments: