Monday, March 26, 2007

All's Fair in Love & Business

After a slow start to the season, I am totally on board with The Apprentice: LA. All of a sudden, I find myself actually caring. Who would have guessed?

With the teams uneven, it wasn't a surprise at all that someone had to go to Kinetic. What was surprising was who James picked. When no one at Arrow volunteered, it was almost a no-brainer for James to volunteer himself. It would mean, as they like to say (and I like to hate them saying), that he could step up. If he could lead Kinetic to victory, he would be considered a front-runner. Instead, he sent half of the lovebirds (and really, the harder worker of the two). It was a bad move, that will hopefully come back to bite James in the end. Nicole is a strong player - she'll stick around regardless of teams.

The task itself was interesting. I still have no idea what they were selling, or what the point of the Ad Walker units was. It doesn't seem all that exciting to be able to sell with that giant equipment strapped to them. I also wonder if Kinetic saw the size of the equipment before they decided to spend their day on roller skates. And not a shocker that Arrow won, or even by how much. I wouldn't have bought my pass from a girl on skates - I would have gone to the booth that looked more "real."

I also thought it was interesting how Trump treated Angela in the boardroom. He clearly was looking for any reason at all to not fire her. It was a shame that she couldn't give him one. I can't imagine the stress of being in that boardroom, but I know that if I were in her shoes, I would be more prepared. She seemed to be ready to tell Trump to fire Nicole, but didn't have any idea what to say after that. It's too bad - she was a strong contender, but she clearly was at fault for the loss.

No comments: