Friday, March 09, 2007

Love Many, Trust Few, Do Wrong to None

I can't believe I'm about to type this. But I didn't like last night's episode of Survivor: Fiji. Crazy. Really crazy.

There's something about this whole "haves" vs. "have-nots" that was intriguing at first. But now it's just ridiculous. The division is too great for them to overcome. It's just not fun watching Ravu lose over and over and over. And the attitudes over at Moto show you why. I couldn't believe how Lisi and Stacy acted. I hope that they were at home last night, being very embarrassed at their actions. I don't care if you need their votes or not - there's no reason to treat Dreamz (even with his ridiculous nickname) and Cassandra the way they did. Alex is right - even if Moto wins out, and goes to the merge with seven, they still need Dreamz and Cassandra. There's also that element of Survivor-karma that will hopefully come back to bite them sooner rather than later. Let's just remember, too, that they are likely unaware of the expanded jury, which could play a huge part in the game later on.

I wasn't a huge fan of the challenges either. Both are repeats of challenges from previous seasons, with a few tweaks. I don't mind the re-used challenges - I just wish there weren't two in one episode. I also felt like the wrestling challenge simply wasn't fair. There's no way that the depleted Ravu could compete against Moto. I liked the tweaks on the memory challenge (which they've played on a few seasons) - the extra boards with no matches and the fact that they couldn't get help from their teammates. But still, with very little food for their brains, it was almost impossible for Ravu to win. I'm surprised that it was as close as it was.

I'm not really surprised that Rita was voted out. Even though Anthony is a complete liability in the challenges, Rita wasn't faring that much better. And I loved Yau Man's philosophy at tribal council - "Love Many, Trust Few, Do Wrong to None." I wish we all lived like that. Thank goodness that it seems like we're going to get a tribal mixup next time (no Survivor next week because of the NCAA tournament, which I am SO excited about). Of course, it does seem like there will still be the division between the two camps. I just feel for the members of Ravu who get stuck on their same beach.

No comments: