Wednesday, March 07, 2007

It's the Girls' Turn on Idol

It's funny how much better the girls are this season than the guys. So much so that the rumor floating around the internet today is that the "big announcement" that Seacrest was talking about last night is that they're going to kick off the bottom 4 contestants, regardless of gender. I don't think it will happen, especially because of how Secrest hyped the big announcement on tonight's show (I actually think they'll officially announce the Idol song competition or the summer camp...yes, there really is an Idol summer camp).


Jordin started the show off really strong. It was an odd song choice (I mean, I’m probably one of the only people out there who actually like Pat Benetar), but it was a great performance. She’ll be in the top 12 for sure.

Another one who should be in the top 12 is Sabrina. She’s such a strong singer. I do agree with Simon though, that she needs to add some more personality to her performances.

I don’t understand why Antonella is still on the show. Even though she sounded better than last week, it just doesn’t make sense. Sure she has naked pictures on the internet, but come on. Doesn’t Simon keep saying that this is a singing competition?

Haley is another one that I don’t think will be sticking around for long. I actually agreed with Simon again that she is really forgettable. I have no idea what the deal was with her song choice; I think it will get her voted off tomorrow night.

Stephanie is a really good singer, but she wasn’t that good tonight. She made the same mistake that so many before her have made. Why oh why do they keep choosing songs where they can’t possibly match the original?

Lakisha made the same mistake as Stephanie. She is so phenomenal – I just wish she hadn’t made that song choice. She’s my favorite to win it all – she is full of personality, and is one of the best singers the show has ever seen.

I also loved Gina’s performance tonight. It was really fun, and I think it sounded better than the judges gave her credit for. I hope she’ll be around next week.

Oh Melinda. I totally hear what you’re saying about chewing on both sides of your mouth or touching something cold with both hands. But it’s best not to share that sort of “quirkiness” with others. It’s a good thing that she gave by far the best performance of the night. She rocked it out.

There's no question who the top singers were tonight - Lakisha, Gina, & Melinda will sail through to the next round. And if it were just based on singing, Antonella and Haley would be heading home. But it's not, and I think that Stephanie could be vulnerable tomorrow night as well.

No comments: