Monday, March 05, 2007

Boardroom Drama

The previews for last night’s episode of The Apprentice: LA promised us some boardroom drama. And, quite frankly, I didn’t believe it would happen. But, oh, how great it really was.

The episode started slowly. It was clear as you looked at the two events that Arrow was going to win. The difference between the two was amazing. I can only imagine what the members of Kinetic were thinking as they watched the episode back last night (I just imagine their family members teasing them...“go karts? GO KARTS?”). Even with Surya’s white board extravaganza (and seriously, what was that all about?), they were miles ahead of their competition.

So then we get to the boardroom. I was already hoping that Derek would be fired. Week after week he doesn’t seem to really do anything (did he do anything at all on last night’s task, other than shift blame?) but is exceptional at targeting his teammates. But Derek got himself fired, and didn’t seem to even care. It was so swift and so wonderful – one second he’s calling himself “white trash”, the next Trump looks at him like he’s crazy and fires him on the spot. I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I rewound it to look at the expressions on his teammates faces. Fantastic. This is why I love this show – moments like this. And then Trump decides that someone still must be held accountable for the loss – and Jenn is fired too. Even though I think it should have been Angela to go, the whole thing was terrific. I’m also hoping that next week Trump will “even out the teams” and Surya will be back on the other side.

No comments: