Monday, March 19, 2007

Did Trump just call him the "Governator"?

I really thought that The Apprentice had jumped the shark. But the past few weeks I'm finding myself more and more into this season. I don't know why - maybe we're down to enough candidates that we actually are getting to know them. But I'm finding myself actually caring again.

The task itself was interesting. I hated the "Passions" tie-in (insert your shameless NBC plug here), but it was a different kind of advertising task. I was shocked that Kinetic went with an "adultery" storyline - it seems like the type of thing that an exec wouldn't want their product associated with. And the fact that Kristine let Muna be in front of the camera was interesting as well. And I wasn't too surprised that Arrow won - they are a stronger team now that Surya is gone.

I wish that we could have seen more of the boardroom last night. Even without Muna's ridiculous move to ask Heidi who she would keep (don't ask a question that you don't want to hear the answer to!), I think she was headed home. And I would think that at some point, Kristine would have to point out the awkward position that Muna put her in by demanding to be on screen. She was in a no-win situation - either she put Muna in the webisode and risk no one being able to understand her, or she says no, and has Muna both pouting and claiming that she was singled out because of her accent/ethnicity. I'm glad she's gone.

We're at the point of the season where I'm starting to really have favorites. I think that Stefani is a strong contender to win, as is Heidi. I also am loving Frank - he could actually go from almost being the first one fired to winning the whole thing. There's something about him that is so likable.

No comments: