Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Idol Injustice

Something has gone very wrong in the world of American Idol. That's right - Sanjaya is still here. Who on God's green earth thinks that this kid can sing?

I think that there needs to be a change in the voting for Idol. Now, I can't take credit for this idea - it comes from the Don & Mike Show - but I think it's brilliant. Instead of voting for your favorite contestant, we should be voting for who we would like to see get the boot. Somehow I think the results would be vastly different.

So enough of my rant. I was surprised that Phil was in the bottom two, but I expected Brandon & Sanjaya. And after way too many commercial breaks and the Ford "music video", we finally found out that Sanjaya is sticking around for another week. That's right, Brandon is the first one eliminated. And to add insult to injury, just as Seacrest asked him to sing one last time, the broadcast ended. At least I get points in my Idol pool for predicting that Brandon would be out in the first three. Such a small silver lining...

No comments: