Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Idol in Texas...

A few thoughts from my cold medicine addled brain about last night's Idol auditions...

Did anyone else notice Simon playing with himself during one of the auditions? Seriously. I know I'm pretty loopy, but my husband and I both saw him rubbing his chest.

The "other door" gag is clearly on purpose (I've heard lots of theories about it, mostly about how they would need to have one door locked so that the family has a place to stand on the other side). The montage of the door mishaps was worth a second watch on tivo.

I loved the two cousins, William and Akron. At first I joked about how they were real "winners" - didn't they both say that they were unemployed and living with one of their moms? But it turned out that they were great. William clearly knew he wasn't a good singer, and that he was only there to support his cousin. His act leaving the audition room was hilarious. If you didn't see it, he was totally fine with being rejected, but told the judges he would need to keep up his reputation. They nodded, and William burst out of the doors, swearing and yelling about the judges. Even Simon cracked up afterwards. And William's cousin Akron? Actually a really really good singer...look for him to go pretty far in the competition.

I also really liked Baylie (the small town country girl who sang Faith Hill) and Jimmy (who sang "Cupid" towards the end of the show). One more night of auditions, and we're off to Hollywood!

No comments: