Monday, February 19, 2007

Grease...(I think I have a problem...)

Sigh...I'm still watching Grease: You're the One That I Want. And for some reason, I find myself caring about it. I don't know why; I may have sunk to a new reality show low (that, coupled with the fact that I logged about 6 hours watching re-runs of Paradise Hotel last week. This is what happens when you get iced in...).

The show started off with the worst group number of the show so far. The producers have got to be getting worried - the contestants just don't sing as well when they're dancing. That was the problem with Chad & Allie as well - they sounded about a million times better when they were singing standing still as they did when they tried to sing and dance. They all need some serious time on the treadmill this week.

The eliminations were early in the episode, and no real surprise that the judges eliminated Jason. He wasn't very good the past two weeks. I was a little surprised at Julianna, but I am curious about the judge's comments about the fact that Kathleen was the better actress. I wonder if that's why they are so big on some of the weaker singers - they are good actors, but we're not seeing that part. (Come on, I have to have some explanation for why they are so in love with Max.) I also question the whole idea of them singing one last song before the judges eliminate a couple. Because they sang in pairs this week, the judges clearly made their choice to eliminate after the votes were tallied, and paired those two contestants together. Otherwise, how would the two who lost their partners perform?

So most of the performances were just ok, even though the judges continued the love-fest. It really makes you miss Simon. Laura was really good...maybe the only one of the bunch to sing well. Chad, Allie, Derek, & Kate were pretty good too. I can't believe I care this much.

No comments: