Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hollywood Week is a Let Down

For some reason that I've yet to figure out, I love Hollywood week on Idol. There's something about the naked cruelty that makes for really great television. But they let me down tonight. Big time.

See, someone at Idol decided that they could condense Hollywood week down to a one hour show. So we saw very few singers, very few groups, and NONE of the final songs. Why did they do that? I just don't see the wisdom in it. They showed only a few of the guys singing; we got lots of news that the contestants that they had focused on during the audition rounds had been cut. And the contestants that they highlighted tonight - a lot of them got cut too (like Baylie & Jory, both who sounded amazing). I don't have any idea who is on to the "naked cruelty" round tomorrow...it was nearly impossible to tell. And the fact that the Hollywood round took place so long ago (thus, they had tons of time to edit the episode) makes it even worse. I hope this doesn't continue the rest of the season.

No comments: