Monday, February 19, 2007

Amazing Race All Stars!

I have been so excited for the premiere of TAR. I love the idea of an all-star version of the show, and even though I'm not a huge fan of some of the selections (see yesterday's post...), TAR shows season after season why it always wins the Emmy.

No real surprises at first - they all should have known from the flight times that the flight that landed first was probably not the flight that departed first (have these people not watched the show before?). And no shock that the game play from some of the teams is the same as before. Especially Mary & David - they seem so nice, and are probably the most deserving of the money, but they have to be the weakest team on the race. Terri & Ian also continued to showcase their "ugly American" stereotype. They just so rub me the wrong way. Rob & Amber also continued their dominance - there is a reason they were so good the first time around. I was pleasantly surprised by Danny & Oswald. It seems like they've grown up a bit since their season - I'm hoping they do well.

The leg itself was good, though I wish there were more things to do, rather than just drive from route marker to route marker. Although the driving was clearly difficult for some teams. And you knew as soon as Phil said that the teams were advised to go to the north entrance of the park that at least a few of the teams would go a different way. I also loved the moment with Kevin & Drew (who I still can't believe drove that far on a flat tire)...one of them commented on how beautiful Peru was; the other replied that Peru probably was beautiful, but that they were in Ecuador. I hope they can pull it together and have a better leg next week.

After a strange detour (and no roadblock...what's that all about?), Rob & Amber came in first (yay!) and John Vito & Jill were eliminated. I was surprised that such a strong team went out first, but it just goes to show how one mistake can make or break the race.

No comments: