Monday, February 26, 2007

Two More Gone on Grease

Before you judge me for continuing to watch Grease: You're the One That I Want, trust me - I know that I am a giant reality tv nerd. I'm ok with that. Really.

I'm still convinced that even though Billy Bush lets us know every few minutes that they're live that the show isn't actually live (or at least not all live). First there was last week with the fact that the two eliminated contestants just happened to be partners (as were the two who were "saved"). This week you could tell that all five guys were dancing and doing background vocals for the girls, even though they showed the bottom four sitting patiently in their "D?" and "S?" attire. If you're not going to actually do the whole thing live, you could at least work on making it look more realistic.

The performances were just ok. They finally showed them doing some acting, but only showed about 30 seconds of each pair. I would have loved to see them do the scenes live instead of the over-produced songs. The only girl who actually sounded good in her song was Laura, who all three judges rightfully picked as the best Sandy of the night. The rest were just ok (and Kathleen sounded off key and out of breath).

I was kind of surprised about the eliminations. Kevin didn't surprise me at all (especially since I really like Chad), but I think that Kate is a lot better than Kathleen. The difference between Kathleen's song and Kate's song (singing goodbye) was stunning. She can't possibly be THAT bad of an actress to make it worth the chance of having Kathleen win the lead role.

No comments: