Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Overall, it was a surprising night on American Idol. But I have to say, the most shocking part of American Idol tonight was that it was only on for half an hour. With the ratings it has been getting, I would have bet money that Fox would want to stretch it out for at least an hour (maybe even two…)

But first, Stevie Wonder tries to undo some of the harm that the contestants did to his songs last night. I just loved that when Ryan asked him about the final 12, his exact words were “I’m just trying to help the situation.” Wow.

We start the actual results with a shocker – Ace is in the bottom three, Kevin is safe. Who is still voting for Chicken Little? So is Kellie Pickler. At least I understand that even though she didn’t sing very well last night, America just loves her.

Melissa is the second member of the bottom three. Not a shocker that she’s in the bottom, but wait a minute! Look at her shirt! No belly button showing! So at least if she leaves tonight, we finally have that matter cleared up.

Then we get to Bucky and Lisa, and somehow, Lisa is in the bottom three as well. She is such a good singer – it just doesn’t make sense.

Ryan sends Ace back to safety, then quickly lets us know that Melissa is going home tonight. So, while the bottom three was a shocker, Melissa going home isn’t. She was probably better than Kellie and Bucky, but not as loveable. And the people who are voting for Kevin, well…still don’t get what’s going on there.

So, with that I focus all of my attention to one of my favorite times of the year – March Madness. Partially because I LOVE college basketball, and partially because it means we’re just a few short weeks away from Opening Day. (and a big thanks to Bud Selig for scheduling that on my birthday again this year – who knew you cared enough to get me such a big present?). Go Duke & BC…with any luck I’ll be watching an ACC rematch in the NCAA finals!

No comments: