Wednesday, March 08, 2006

It’s the last night until the top 12 on American Idol. And the guys know that it’s time to lay it all on the line.

Gedeon started the night off with a really bad rendition of “When a Man Loves a Woman.” How bad, you ask? Well, let’s just say that I would rather listen to Michael Bolton’s version. I know that Randy and Paula talk about him being unique, and Simon didn’t think it was horrible, but you need a lot more than being unique to win. Of course, he’s full of “personality,” so he’ll probably make it through.

After Ryan addressed the rumors about Katharine on last night’s show, I was really hoping that he would address the Chris rumors as well. After last week’s show, members of Fuel (whose song he sang) publicly complimented him. And some websites are even reporting that they offered him the lead singer job with the band. Of course, he’s tied to his Idol contract, so even if it’s true, it would be a stretch. Tonight’s performance was another phenomenal one. He is just so good – I love listening to him. He is in a different league than so many of the other contestants.

I just don’t understand Kevin Covais. Everyone loves him. Well, everyone but me. He sounds a bit like a muppet. It was a horrible song choice – he better hope that the grannies get the vote out tonight. Will better hope that he can take some of those granny votes too. Ugh. I would be shocked if he doesn’t go home tonight.

Bucky’s performance was fine, but really forgettable. In fact, I forgot about it. I had to just go back and add it into this blog. Go figure.

Tonight’s “woo” count with Taylor – 2 at the end of the song, 3 after. And with the serious lack of “woo”s, the song was excellent. He’s a force to be reckoned with – I can’t imagine how he won’t make the top 12.

Elliott’s “secret” from his video clip is that he’s deaf in 1 ear. Which makes his singing even more impressive, really. I loved his song – he’s another one who will sail through to the next round.

We finished the show up with an odd choice by Ace – it’s not everyone who would choose to sing a Michael Jackson song. But he did a good job with it – and with those “looks”…well…

So the bottom three will be Gedeon, Will, and Kevin (although I wouldn’t be shocked to see Bucky in the bottom three as well). And this was probably the last night for Will & Kevin. On to the top 12…

No comments: