Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It’s cut night on American Idol, or “let’s see how long we can make these kids squirm for.”

Of course, it’s no surprise that we have to sit through a Barry Manilow tune first. Are we really supposed to feel bad for him that he flew to LA on his own dime to help the contestants? Cry me a river. Anyways, the Idol producers can’t be too pleased that Barry made it sound like they tape the performances on Monday. Not sure if they do or not, but the performances last night weren’t live, so they could have been taped Monday, I guess. And did you see Chicken Little talking during the performance? Really classy Kevin.

Speaking of classy, I loved that they brought back Bobby to meet Barry Manilow. I guess that’s what he gets for losing the competition by singing “Copacabana” as his one song.

So, finally, some results. And let me just say that I tried to vote for Chris last night. I really did. But nearly two hours after the show I still couldn’t get through. So no surprise that Chris was safe – his fan base is secure. Ace is safe this week…so is Elliott, Katharine, Mandisa, Paris, Taylor and Kellie. That’s right, Ryan just ran through the contestants that were safe all at once. I guess the Barry Manilow love-fest took longer than expected.

The bottom three, however, was expected. They are definitely the next three to go. And it wasn’t a surprise that Lisa was “sent back.” And finally, finally, Kevin Covais is going home. (if I owe you a “shout out” for not voting for him, please let me know!) I’ll give him some credit – he didn’t cry when he got the news – he acted a lot older than his age.

Next week? Songs of the 21st century…really?

No comments: