Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I Love The Apprentice

That's right, I said it. In fact, it is slowly working it's way into my heart as one of my favorites. I don't know why this season has been so good (especially with its slow start), but I am totally on board. Way to go Mr. Trump.

First, last week, I was totally bummed to see Tim go. It should have been James, but they had the ability to pin the loss on Tim's relationship with Nicole. Boo hiss.

So on to this week. First, the teams - six left, and they had to pair up for the task. And I was shocked to see how they paired. I would never have come up with those pairs. I wish they had shown us more of when they picked - especially how Frank and Heidi ended up together.

The task itself was a great task, but didn't even matter much - what mattered this time was the board room. It was incredible. There was no question that James and Stefani won the task (though did you notice that Trump never really declared a winner or gave a team a reward?). They were so polished and prepared. I think that Stefani may actually win the whole thing. Nicole and Kristine was miserable. Nicole totally punted the presentation, and if Kristine had just kept her mouth shut, Nicole would have been fired. Instead, when Nicole went out with James to check the phone numbers, Kristine couldn't bad mouth Nicole fast enough. Aside from it being a bad move to throw someone under the bus like that, how could she do that knowing that there was the distinct possibility that she was claiming responsibility for the wrong phone number? She pretty much asked for the "you're fired."

Then there was Frank & Heidi. Their presentation was worse than Nicole & Kristine's, and it looked like they didn't even try on the brochure. What was more shocking was how Heidi handled it. She contradicted herself over and over, and Frank showed some real skills in pointing it out to Trump. I loved the moment when she's trying to say that she hadn't contradicted herself, and Don Jr. said "well...you've done it a few times." Hee hee! Good bye Heidi!

Now we're down to the final four - all original members of Arrow. Very interesting.

No comments: