Thursday, July 20, 2006

We're Down to 8 Dancers...

Tonight’s the first night on So You Think You Can Dance? where the votes actually determine who will go home. It’s also the first night where voters voted for individual dancers instead of couples. Should be interesting.

After a really strange group number (great choreography…odd odd odd costumes & makeup…) we find out which dancers are in the bottom two. No surprise that Martha was in the bottom two girls; I was a little surprised about Natalie. I guess it was her or Allison, and they were both really good last night. The guys were no surprise at all – Dmitry & Ryan both deserved those bottom spots.

Next, to stretch the show out a bit, I guess, all four danced their solos again. I was kind of disappointed that they all did the same solos as last night. I would have thought they would mix it up a bit, but oh well. We also had a performance by some hip hop artist that I fast forwarded through (hooray tivo!). There was also mention of a tour of the top ten. Since my husband doesn’t believe me that I want to go, if you live in the DC area and want to go with me, let me know. (hee hee!)

Finally, we get to the results. America got it right, and Martha & Dmitry are going home. Of course, they dance their solos one more time (because if we didn't like it the first time, and we didn't like it the second time, the third time in 24 hours is bound to be GREAT). What a shame that we won’t have to look at his chest anymore. Darn.

No comments: