Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Lots going on at the Big Brother house

Oh, I’m so behind on my blogging. But at least it’s with good reason – not only was I watching the Red Sox last week, but my softball team was in the playoffs over the weekend. We won a few games before being eliminated Saturday night. And with the charming heat wave, I can’t say that we were THAT disappointed to not have to play again in the 95 degree heat the next morning. That’s right, 95 degrees in the morning. At 10:00 this morning it was already 93. Yikes. The real sign of the heatwave? The nearly empty ice cream/frozen treat aisle at the grocery store yesterday. But I digress…

I did catch up on a few shows. First was a quick view of America’s Got Talent. Taylor Ware moved on to the finals, which means more yodeling, less hot guys clogging. Seriously, who votes for these things? You’ve got to think it through.

Way better was Big Brother: All Stars. On Thursday, Alison was the first houseguest to be evicted. Not a real surprise – she was a much bigger threat than Danielle. Then, in a ridiculously fast HoH competition, Kaysar was crowned the new HoH (oh yeah, we’re back to just one HoH). And the S-6 alliance quickly celebrated, just in case we didn’t realize that they were all together. Not such a bright idea. A good idea? The different HoH bedroom décor this week. How cool is that?

No more peanut butter & jelly – this year the houseguests are stuck with slop. What is that stuff? I can’t believe that the producers are getting away with making them eat that. Ugh. It looked like some of them were stirring something into it…I wish I knew what that was as well.

Kaysar took the easy way out and nominated Nakomis & Dianne for eviction. It was a ridiculous move – he made a deal with Chilltown that makes no sense for him. Dr. Will is playing him like a fiddle. You could see it even more on tonight’s episode (which, by the way, featured a great diary by Chilltown mocking the nominations…this is why I love them…). Will knows exactly what he is doing…not winning the PoV competition, talking to Kaysar by the hot tub, asking to be put up for eviction…he’s playing a brilliant game.

Jase is playing such a different game this time around. He has grown up, and I actually feel for him being away from his girlfriend and her daughter. Part of me hopes that he gets evicted soon so he can go home (but then again, part of me wants him to stick around and be eye candy all summer).

Random fact of the week – can you guess Howie’s listed occupation? Light saber salesperson. Wow.

I was glad that Erika won the PoV, and I think that she made the right decision to not veto Dianne or Nakomis. It would be different if she had the power to choose the replacement; Kaysar was sure to nominate one of her friends if she used her veto. That, and she and Kaysar are starting to get closer and closer. Should be an interesting “showmance” maybe? Of course, nothing will top the Will-Howie romance. Seriously, Howie’s crush on Will is getting stranger and stranger (but the bit with him in the shower tonight was great…”little Howie’s getting smaller and smaller…”)

Anyways, I think that Nakomis will be heading home Thursday, which is a shame, since I love her new hair color. And hopefully someone can break the streak of the S-6 alliance winning HoH.

No comments: