Thursday, July 05, 2007

Big Brother 8

I'm pretty excited that Big Brother is back. Of course, it's tempered with the fact that I'm leaving in a few days on a vacation to an island where I won't have tv. Really. (I know, I'm as shocked as anyone that I scheduled a vacation with no tv during a week with the start of Big Brother and, more importantly, the All Star Game...thank God for tivo...) So a few quick thoughts before I get back to figuring out what exactly you pack for a trip to an island with no tv...

It was a good first episode. It seems like an interesting cast, and I like that they're mixing it up with some new twists this season. The fact that three of them have a "rival" in the house is interesting, but I don't understand why only 3 of them have a rival. Two summers ago when they did the "secret relationship" twist, didn't they all have a secret partner, not just a few? Anyways, I'm a fan of the ex-boyfriend (Dustin), but the other two are already getting on my nerves. I'm also not sure of how CBS is handling the fact that Danielle is under 21. She shouldn't be allowed to drink on the show, yet I could have sworn she had champagne with the others. And her bio online has her favorite alcoholic drink listed as margaritas. Something doesn't add up. And did Joe admit on national tv that he had gonorhhea? Interesting choice...

I do like the "America's player" twist. I had already been thinking that I liked Eric, and I like him more now that I get to help him play. (insert evil laughter here) I can't wait to start to tell him how to vote...

No comments: