Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Big Brother

I don't know about this season of Big Brother yet. I loved all stars, but DH and I love Chill Town. There's something about Dr. Will that is just genius. There are no real characters on this season, at least not yet.

That isn't to say, of course, that there aren't people that I hate. Because there are - and Jen is #1 on my list. I have never seen someone so self involved (though, I LOVED the Jen drinking game). Who makes shirts like that? And with her currently prancing around in the red unitard, they simply must make her put on underwear. Has anyone else noticed that they aren't showing her from the waist down from the front? Yikes. I feel bad for her family - they must be so "proud." I also wonder how this will affect the rest of her life. I can't imagine anyone hiring
her as a nanny after this. There have been lots of instances where being on a reality show has affected jobs for former contestants. Some it's been good - some people leave a reality show and are inundated with job offers. Others have been fired because they showed their "true side" on air, and have found it hard to find another job. (for example, there are lawyers that have gone on these shows who are now "no longer practicing law") I'm really just embarrassed for her.

I really like Eric, and I wish he wasn't "America's Player" - I would like to see how he would do playing on his own. If he doesn't win (which is still a possibility), I think that the producers should let him come back and play again next summer on his own. I also wonder if they have a plan for what happens when Eric gets nominated/evicted. Hmmm. I also think the producers are being a bit too strict with giving him credit for tasks completed. He should have gotten credit for the sleepwalking (which was hilarious). I think the producers realized how expensive this could get, and are making it harder for him to"complete" the missions - they announced last night that he only gets the money for completing the assignment if the person America has him
vote for actually gets evicted.

I didn't really care about Carol leaving last week, but I'm not such a fan of this week's nominations. I didn't like Danielle being put up against Dick. And now that she has the POV (and when do the others realize she's a threat in the competitions?) I'm not sure about Joe being nominated. I have no idea who would be better to go home, but whoever is left will be going after Jen hard. For a brief moment I thought Jen would nominate Nick. It would have
been for a dumb reason, but if she was smart, it would have been brilliant strategy. Everyone would vote to evict Dick, and therefore she would have the person off that she wanted. But now, I think the vote will be close.

Oh yeah, the strategy in the veto competition was ridiculous. Anyone who got out early should have picked one of the good gifts that had already been picked instead of trying to get the gift with the veto (since if a middle person got the veto, each person after them would have stolen it anyways). It just seemed stupid to me.

No comments: