Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Were Those Dancing Welders?

It was a strange night of dancing on So You Think You Can Dance? tonight. Two couples really separated themselves from the pack, while others were good, but not great. And we had the constant reminder that whoever made it through this week would be in the top 10.

The two top couples were amazing - Sabra & Dominic and Anya & Danny were phenomenal. I don't think there's anything else to say - the four of them were simply amazing.

Rounding out the top three tomorrow night, I think, will be Sarah & Pasha or Lacey & Kameron. Sarah & Pasha were really good tonight. They were each so out of their element, and you would never have known. Lacey & Kameron were also good - better, I think, than the judges gave them credit for. I think that Sarah & Pasha were a bit better, but they have a lot of fans, so it could be close.

Destined for the bottom two are Jamie & Hok and Lauren & Neil. It's funny - before the show started, I said to my husband that everyone I was rooting against was out. But I could root against both of these couples. I loved Tyce's choreography for Jamie & Hok, but I agree completely with the judges - they just didn't play up the characters enough. And Lauren & Neil were good, but not great. The choreography was so strange (and I like strange), but they weren't dancing it together in a bunch of spots.

I don't know how the judges will choose someone to cut - I think that the solos tomorrow night will make all the difference.

No comments: