Thursday, June 28, 2007

More Amazing Dancing

Another great week of dancing on So You Think You Can Dance?. I wish it was on every night. Really.

Before I started watching the show, I had never even heard of krump. But now, it’s one of my favorite styles they do. Sara & Jesús were incredible. You kind of expected it from Sara, but Jesús was amazing too.

I feel so bad for Shauna. She went from being partnered with Jimmy (who was really good) to being partenerd with Cedric (who isn’t). Shauna danced really well. And I agreed with Mary that the choreography was clearly designed to highlight her and almost hide Cedric. She did nearly all of the dancing. They’ll probably be in the bottom three again, and hopefully it will just be Cedric that goes home.

Lacey & Kameron continue to be one of my favorite couples. The quick step is notoriously hard for dancers on this show (like the judges said, it’s often the kiss of death!), but they did a great job. Even if they somehow end up in the bottom three, there’s no way either of them is going home.

I really like Anya & Danny too. It wasn’t a great hip hop performance this week, but it still was pretty good. I agree with the judges that they are clearly the couple to beat.

As I watched Dominic & Sabra, all I could say was “wow.” They were just incredible. I also think about the difference between Dominic & Cedric – Cedric can really only do his style, while Dominic is a superstar regardless of what is thrown his way. I love them both.

I was really surprised last week when Lauren & Neil weren’t in the bottom three. And while they were better this week, I’ll be shocked again if they’re safe.

Whenever I watch the show, I always say that I want to do choreography by Mia Michaels. But tonight, my favorite choreography by far was the jazz routine by Wade Robson. Jaimie & Hok were fantastic; I rewound and watched it three times. Unbelievable dancing.

I’m not a fan of Jessie. But I certainly don’t want to see her leave the competition because of an injury. Pasha did a great job dancing without her, and he should be safe regardless. As my husband said, he just got the “middle-age women” vote. Yikes.

So there’s no question for me that the performance of the night was Jaimie & Hok. I also loved Dominic & Sabra. And my bottom three? Shauna & Cedric, Lauren & Neil, and Pasha & Jessie (sad to say).

No comments: