Sunday, August 27, 2006

Why I Will No Longer Watch "House Calls"

Now that my internet appears to be working properly, I had the chance to watch “House Calls” (the Big Brother internet talk show) on Friday afternoon. It’s pretty much the same format as the similar shows for Survivor and Amazing Race – a former contestant and a random entertainment insider chat with the recent castoff, talk about the show, and take phone calls. So on Friday, then, James was the guest. He was on for the first 30 minutes, and solidified why he was one of my favorites. It was a funny interview, even with a few awkward moments with the hosts (at one point, Bunky suggested that James slip Howie & Marcellas a few roofies in the sequester house so he could get some peace and quiet). Anyways, after James left, the hosts started talking (emphatically, I might add) about how that was the worst interview ever, and how horrible James was. They talked about how he needed therapy, and was glad to see him leave their set. What was that all about? Aside from the fact that I won’t be watching their show again, I think they both owe James and his family an apology. And I’m shocked that CBS will continue to let them broadcast that sort of show.

Ok, climbing down from my soapbox, and back to tonight’s episode of Big Brother: All Stars. I am still not sure about the whole Erika-Boogie thing. I’m not as sure about their relationship – is it real or just a showmance? And did he really “Lance Showmance” her into not nominating Will? Very interesting.

Speaking of interesting, that was a strange food competition. I did NOT need to see Chicken George in spandex. I don’t even think George’s wife wanted to see him in that outfit. It will be awhile for me to get that image out of my mind, And can you imagine the producers meeting where someone came up with that idea? Wow.

So no real shock that Erika nominated Janelle & George for eviction. Although I think that strategically she shouldn’t have nominated Janelle – she is this season’s Veto Queen. It would have been far better to backdoor her, with the backup plan being to get rid of George. And I love how everyone thinks they have an alliance with Chilltown. When will they all realize that Chilltown is in it for Chilltown?

No comments: