Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My Posts Have Melted

Well, I'm back (I think...). The last few blogs I've tried to post have disappeared...melted perhaps. It's 11:30 am and the heat index here in Northern Virginia is already 102 degrees. This is insane. Anyways, a quick recap...

I'm done with America's Got Talent. Really. And I don't think I'm the only one...the ratings have been steadily declining each week since they started. As soon as the judges decided to pass through the Rappin' Granny, I turned it off. This is what passes for talent in America? I think someone at NBC is confusing talent with halftime shows.

So You Think You Can Dance
is coming down to the final weeks, and the cuts this week were tough, at least for the girls. No doubt that it was Ryan's turn to go, but I was surprised that Allison was voted off. Her final solo was amazing...I read that she and Travis danced together before they came to the show, which is why he was part of it. It was so beautiful - best performance of the night for sure.

And then there's Big Brother. Oh BB7...you have sucked me in for good. Thursday Jase was eliminated in a 9-0 vote (no shocker, really), and the S-6 alliance continued their dominance when Janelle won HoH. That's when things got interesting. See, as you know, Will is my favorite player. Ever. And is his playing such a brilliant game. He has sucked Janelle in, and Chilltown is firmly in control. To be honest, it was a good play on Janelle's part to nominate floaters (especially how she got that second floater nomination...brilliant...). The truth of it is that the floaters have the numbers, and as soon as one of them wins HoH, they won't be nominating a floater. So if Chilltown is still in it, a floater could nominate them instead of S-6. But if Will or Boogie goes home, then you know a S-6 member will be evicted instead.

Anyways, last night's episode was great. The wakeup calls were fantastic (although I agree that somewhere, adults took time out of their lives to make them...hmmmm...), and I was stoked when Boogie won. And my favorite part of the entire season is the diary room "phone calls" between Will & Boogie. I nearly fall off the couch laughing every time.

Try to stay cool...and if Verizon can actually keep my DSL working for more than a few hours at a time, I'll post more regularly the rest of the week! :)

No comments: