Thursday, August 24, 2006

Big Brother Rocks

I know, I am SO behind on my Big Brother blogging. And since we're going out again tonight (it's not every day that my friend Jacob turns 6!), I'll be behind again. Sorry. Now that our internet seems to be back up and running, things should go much more smoothly.

First, Sunday's elimination. It doesn't bother me that Howie went home - way better than losing James or Erika. But it does bother me the way that he left. For those of you who don't know, pretty much the only thing that isn't allowed on any reality show is physical violence. There have been a couple of instances (I think even one on BB) of contestants being kicked off for threatening another player. (keep this in mind for later) So Howie's actions were ridiculous. Chilltown is right - anyone who says they can get through the game without lying is, well, lying.

So another trivia HoH (enough of trivia, please!), and Chilltown was victorious. Boogie won HoH, and Janelle looked MAD. Oh - did you see Erika's reaction to Boogie's win? A little more fuel for the "Erika & Boogie are an item" fire.

I'm not sure about Boogie's nominations. He put up Janelle & James, with the idea that everyone wants Janelle out, and if she wins PoV, James is expendable. And I guess I kind of understand that Janelle is a bigger target than Chilltown - it's good for them to have her around another week or two. But it could come back to bite them in the butt. My first thought was that he should not nominate Janelle - nominate James & Chicken George - so that Janelle wouldn't be eligible for the veto. Then, if the Veto King didn't win (if he did, he could backdoor Janelle) Boogie could use the coup d'etat and overthrow his own nominations. Oh well.

The real drama of the week was the PoV competition. Another trivia game, this time with a physical challenge (sort of) as well. This is where the rule about physical violence comes into play again. At one point in the game, James & Janelle were fighting over the same doll. Janelle got it, and James ended up losing the PoV. James was walking around complaining that Janelle had kicked him/hit him/hurt him. He even showed a tiny little scrape off in the diary room. Yes, it's pitiful that he got his butt kicked by Janelle. But his point was that she hurt him, which should disqualify her. At the very least, I think he was hoping to get to re-do the competition (they've already re-done one this summer, why not another?). It stinks for James that he lost...he's probably going home.

So here's where we stand - James & Chicken George are now up for eviction. Chilltown says they want James gone, but we all know that what they say and what they do are two different things. But I think that the votes for James to go are still there. The only twist - what if Boogie decides to use that darn power after all?

One last thought - the members of the sequester house will be (if things work out as they seem) Howie, Marcellas, & James. I'm not paying for the live feeds, but I would pay to watch that. :)

No comments: