Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Ok, so I thought that Skating With Celebrities sounded like a horrible idea. And really, it still might be. But just like you know you have to look when you drive by an accident, you just can't help but watching it. I know I can't tear my eyes away.

A quick word on what Fox is trying to copy with this show, Dancing with the Stars. I like the show. I watch the show. But I have nothing to say about it. (hence, no blog entries so far) I'm sure if something interesting happens, I'll have something to say. But for now, it's a nice diversion on Fridays (yes, I know it is on on Thursdays...it happens to be on opposite two of the only two sitcoms worth watching, My Name is Earl and The Office, so I tivo it and watch it on Fridays). For the most part, I hate when Fox tries to copy a hit show, especially since their versions are rarely as good. But this one, promoted as "anyone can ballroom dance...", well, really takes it to the next level.

That being said, I really enjoyed tonight's show. I follow figure skating (phew, it felt good to say that in public), so it was cool to see the skaters doing something very different. And these "celebrities" (does the uncle from Full House really qualify as a celebrity??), well, lets just say watching them attempt to skate makes good television.

My favorite performance of the night was definitely Jillian & Ryan. I love Ryan Zimmerman in general (remember, I actually follow figure skating...I know some of you are still trying to comprehend that), and he and Jillian are really good together. They are clearly the pair to beat.

Speaking of scores, what is Summer Sanders doing on this show? There she is, waiting for them in the "kiss & cry." Sure she's an Olympic athlete, but a summer Olympian! She's a swimmer! Oh, please let this not mean that this summer we'll be seeing Swimming with Celebrities...

Anyways, for what it's worth, I liked it. A lot. And since the previews show blood and broken bones, it can only get better.

No comments: