Wednesday, January 25, 2006

After watching weeks and weeks of The Biggest Loser and seeing them shrink down, I broke down and bought The Biggest Loser Workout DVD. So, I thought, "hey, if these people can do it, so can I." Heck, they weigh much more than me. And after one workout, I could barely walk. My husband thought I was being a wimp, so he did it with me. Twice. Now he can barely walk. (keep in mind, he runs 3-4 miles 3 times a week...he's in great shape) THIS is why they lose so much weight!!

Of course, I have noticed that Jillian's teams are always the ones who end up winning. And I wondered if maybe I should have bought her DVD instead (although if she works them harder than Bob, I would never be able to walk again). She is insane. And I LOVED that she handcuffed the guy from the red team to the treadmill tonight. But I think that this is the week that Bob has her beat. The red team seemed to step right out of a stereotype. Could they yell at each other any more? And I had visions of the teenage daughter coming home from her uplifting walk with the teenager from the other team to her family yelling that she was being friendly with the enemy. (and how great was the conversation between the two girls? I wish they had more stuff like that on the show)

The challenge tonight was great too. I loved the "don't hit the stop button twice" element. But why didn't the teams stop and strategize? There had to be some strategy to it -- figure out how long each person could reasonably walk or run at a fast pace, and rotate out accordingly. It seemed like they just were taking turns whenever they got tired. And my beloved karma came into play as the red team hit that stop button an extra time and lost at the end. Ha! That's what you get for yelling at your family!

Anyways, I wish I didn't have to wait a week to see them at home, even though I like seeing them make it work in "the real world." I guess I'll just have to wait...

No comments: