Monday, January 23, 2006

After watching "celebrities" skate, tonight's episode of The Bachelor: Paris was a welcome relief. And, because ABC cancelled Emily's Reasons Why Not after only one episode (seriously, how much does you show have to suck to be cancelled after one episode, while Bruce Jenner continues to ice skate?), they showed last week's episode as well. Way to go ABC.

Now, even though we've only had three episodes, I'm starting to get attached to some of the girls. I love both Sarahs -- they both seem to be the most "real" of all the girls. I loved that Sarah from Canada actually pointed out to Travis that she wasn't giving the "right" answers. And Sarah from Tennessee is really there for Travis -- not because she gets exposure on a tv show. I like Susan as well...it looks like she and Travis have a genuine connection.

On the other end of the spectrum are the girls I wish had gone home. Tara is more and more obnoxious. Why does she feel the need to break up Travis and whoever he is having one on one time with? It is just so catty. And then there's Moana. She reminds me of arguments I would have with my little sister growing up. You know what I'm talking about. There would be a new book/dress/cupcake that she just wasn't interested in. That is, until I wanted it. Then she fought until she got it. Come on -- you all know what I mean. Moana seems like she only wants Travis because all the other women want Travis. Her whole body language changes depending on whether or not Travis is in the room. And when Shiloh was eliminated, she didn't even get up at first to say goodbye. Come on. At least pretend you're a nice person.

And we can't forget Travis. He continues to be one of the best Bachelors yet. Yes, he started kissing girls this week. But that's all. And he's not getting all slobbery with them yet (although Sarah from Canada sure tried). Travis -- way to be a gentleman.

I almost forgot the most important part of the episode -- the friends. That was great. I just loved their quiz, especially the rings. When I got engaged, I actually asked for a smaller diamond than most of my friends were getting. Really. (I know, my husband was surprised too) I have tiny hands, and I'm a tomboy -- a big diamond would be ridiculous. So it was funny to see what the girls were choosing. And talent? Well, a few of them could make it on to David Letterman with their stupid human tricks. I think they did a good job setting up the dates.

The rose ceremony wasn't a surprise at all -- I was surprised that Shiloh got a rose last week over Cole. The previews for next week look good -- I wonder who the "mystery" guests are. From the legs, they look to be women (although if you saw American Idol last week, I could be wrong). Maybe they are sisters, or friends, or girls from previous seasons. Or rejected girls...oooh...that would be a good twist! I should really call ABC...

No comments: