Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A New Season of The Biggest Loser

Well, another season of The Biggest Loser is upon us. That's right, the original "fat people on scales" show is back. And even though I'm not so sure about the twists, I'm glad it's back.

It's still too early to rate the contestants this season, but there's no question that they're fatter than ever. It's strange to think that some of the female contestants this season have goal weights that are close to the starting weights of some of the female contestants from season 1. Really. They're also trying to find bigger sob stories as well, like the woman who lost everything to Katrina. And this is where I start to doubt the twist of the black team. These are clearly people who have already been though a lot, beyond their weight and health problems. So why add insult to injury? There were more than a few brief minutes where they thought they had been cast off again. So while I think that the black team twist might be good, the contestants on that team need to be treated like people.

I'm also not sure about the new host as well. I like Allison so far, and she seems to be much more suited for the role. I guess I just wish I knew why they got rid of Caroline.

So in a few hours we'll see the arrival of the black team on the BL campus (not the ranch this year...not sure why they got rid of the ranch...). Can't wait.

No comments: