Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Dancing With the Stars

It took two nights, but the premiere of Dancing With the Stars was well worth it. It's a good group this season - I'm even more excited now than I was while I was waiting for the show to start. And how fun is it that Drew is filling in for Samantha...every time Tom looks over at him, you definitely get the idea that he's wondering just how long he will be stuck without her.

The girls danced the first night, and, for the most part, the level of dancing was much better than in previous seasons. My early favorites are Sabrina (the Cheetah girl, whatever that is), Mel B (Scary Spice) and Jennie. All three delivered solid dances (I think that Jennie's scores were lower because she went first), and I think they'll be around for awhile. The middle of the pack for the girls were Marie and Jane. They were good, but I think they are getting a bit of a handicap because of their ages (I just didn't think they were nearly as good as their scores reflected). And, sadly, at the bottom was Josie. I loved how her partner said she was "deceptively unfit." How do you think the models are so thin? They don't eat and have no muscles! Dancing takes a lot of physical strength, and I like that people are starting to realize that. She's definitely at danger to go home this week.

The men had a big act to follow, and they were equally entertaining. I think that it's harder to separate the men, since so many of them were really fun to watch, even if they didn't have the best technique. I think that the top men would be Helio, Albert, and Cameron. I also love Mark, but that has a lot more to do with the fact that I'm a big fan of Mark Cuban than anything else (he runs the Mavs the way I would if I owned a sports team). He wasn't bad, and I think the longer he's in the competition, the better he will get. Floyd was also a mid-range dancer - very entertaining, but not so great with the dancing (he really needed to stand up straight!). And even though Wayne is a great entertainer, he's definitely not a great dancer. He has a legion of fans, so he might be sticking around just based on viewers votes.

Should be an interesting results show...

No comments: