Monday, January 15, 2007

Nice Shorts...

There’s a lot of talk about this season of The Apprentice. Some say "best ever"; some say the show has jumped the shark. All I can think about is how white Donald Trump's ankles are. Seriously, did you see them? They were about a million shades lighter than his face. It's all I can think about. Well, that and Carey in his pink bathing suit. Oh my.

Even though I don't see how designing a bathing suit prepares you for a career in the Trump organization, I really liked the task. I liked it because it wasn't all about selling a sponsor's product (which was nearly every task last season). Yes, there was a sponsor, but it was much better integrated into the show.


So, I liked the task (and I liked the reward - how fun would it be to hang out at the Playboy Mansion? And yes, my husband thinks it's really cool that I think that...). But I hated the editing. Did anyone else notice that in Carey's interview at the beginning of the show he said that living in the tents for two weeks was miserable? Did anyone else realize that that means that they lost, since they had only been in the tents for about a week at the start of the task? Even if they had actually been living in the tents already for two weeks, the story of the show has them having been there a week, which would break up the story they are trying to build.

I also hated that Carey got fired. There was no question that it was his fault that they lost. (I mean, come on...who would wear that?) But he took a risk, while the other team played it very safe. And I really hated that Michelle refused to make a decision or take a stand on anything, so nothing could be pinned on her if they lost. I hate that kind of game play, especially in a show like this, which is all about taking a risk and shining.

No comments: