Tuesday, January 30, 2007

If Only We Had Chicken Suits...

Chicken suits. Did Trump just fire someone over chicken suits?

After the requisite movement of a team member to Arrow, the teams started on a marketing task. As soon as I heard the two different bowls, I knew Arrow would win. Why? Because I would never eat Kinetic's creation...I'm like Trump - I don't like fruit with my food. (I was the only one at my own wedding who didn't eat the chicken with fruit salsa) It was even clearer when they showed the two restaurants. Arrow's restaurant had balloons, signs, and a general air of excitement. Over at Kinetic's restaurant I wasn't even sure they were having a promotion. Did they do any marketing at all?

In the end, Arrow did finally win one, and got an amazing reward. They're in the house now, and got a private concert from Andrea Bocelli. Amazing. I liked seeing a softer side of Frank at the reward too - he really got choked up at the concert. My friend Stephen thinks that Frank is a "typical obnoxious Yankees fan"; he is, but he's also starting to grow on me. I also really like Aaron. He's a local kid - he actually went to the same college as my sister - and he seems to have really good business sense.

Over on Kinetic, it was great to see them in the boardroom. I was also happy to see the return of pretty-boy-Sean from last season. What bothered me was what ended up happening. It shouldn't have been Marissa fired. It wasn't her fault that they lost. Heidi was in control, and decided that she wasn't going to take any of Marissa's suggestions. I totally see where Marissa just gave up - none of her ideas were being considered. (I also don't understand what the rest of the team was doing while Marissa & Derek were working on marketing) Marissa was also right when she pointed out that the rest of the team had ganged up on her - they HAD decided ahead of time to take out Marissa - when Trump asked them all who they would fire, they already knew who they would say. I think that if Marissa had managed to keep her mouth shut, maybe Heidi would have been fired. I know that there is a lot of board room that we don't see (come on NBC, post the entire board room on the web!), but it didn't seem like Heidi had to do much explaining about the task. But Marissa kept saying "chicken suits" over and over and over. Of course, she was the one Trump fired.

No comments: