Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Just a word about why all my blog entries are (and are going to be) late and out of order for the next two weeks. As you all know, I am a reality tv junkie. And what is the best reality tv of all? SPORTS. And what is the best sporting event of all? THE OLYMPICS. So my tivo will be working on overtime for the next two weeks as I trade in my usual reality shows for the Olympics. Yes, I'll get to all of them -- I can't imagine missing American Idol or The Bachelor (or even Skating With Celebrities). But I'm going to watch them a little late. And trust me -- the Olympics are totally worth it.

That being said, I wasn’t sure how they were going to stretch out last night’s episode of The Bachelor: Paris into two hours (other than the excessive amounts of commercials). And of course, they really didn’t have two hours worth of show. But what they did have was really good – maybe the best overnight dates yet.

First off was the “let’s look back at other overnight dates” half hour. And while it was schmaltzy and unnecessary, I kind of liked it. I love this show, and I liked getting to look back on all the old episodes. And I didn’t realize that Charley and Sarah were still together (good for them…I really liked her!). But did anyone but me notice that there were some seasons missing? What ever happened to Meredith and Jen (who each did two seasons)? And Bob Guiney? I would have liked to have seen more of each season’s dates, not just catching up with the three “successful” relationships.

Anyways, on to tonight’s overnight dates. First, and I think I said this last week, I liked the fact that the three dates were equally exciting. There have been more than a few seasons where the one or two of the dates were way better than an another (and you always knew that the girl who got the “lame” date was the one who was going to get cut). Second, I really appreciated the editing of tonight’s episode. I really didn’t have any idea who was going to get the roses until they were actually handed out.

Now, I know that there is way more to what is going on than what we were shown. But from just what is on the show, I don’t know how he can not choose Sarah. They just seem like they match. I know, I shouldn’t get emotionally involved in this show. It’s really just a show – they’re not people I know (or will ever know). But I care, and I am so hoping for Sarah.

Anyways, I liked how the producers (I’m assuming it was the producers) had Travis address a “question” he had about each of the women, both in his moments where he was talking to the camera, and to each of the women themselves. It was a nice glimpse into what might have been going through Travis’s mind. I also liked how Sarah handled it – Travis even commented on how eloquently Sarah explained why she was different from the other girls without ever badmouthing them. (that’s the teacher in her!!)

So, the dates were all good, and I’m still not sure what Travis sees in Moana. I’m just hoping that he’s keeping her around because he can’t just fly back to Nashville with Sarah now. I saw Travis on both Ellen and Jimmy Kimmel Live last week, and even though he couldn’t say anything, I got the distinct sense that he and Sarah are sneaking off together all the time (they live walking distance away!). Of course, I’m always wrong, so he’s probably with Moana as I’m writing this, laughing at all the bloggers who are getting this so horribly wrong.

Next week is the “women tell all” episode, which means more footage of the crazy doctor from the first episode. Get your tivo set now…

No comments: