Thursday, December 08, 2005

This season of Survivor has been the season of Tribal Council exits. After the best Tribal Councils in recent memory, we have been treated to more "less-than-graceful" exits than ever before. I love it love it love it!

Right away I thought I knew what was going to happen tonight in the reward challenge. I had seen in the previews that someone would have to make the choice whether to keep the car (and "the curse") or to give up the car so that the other four would win one. And based on the clip with Steph talking about how she has never had a car before, I was convinced that she would win the challenge AND that she would keep the car. So I was happily surprised when Cindy won. I was also shocked when she kept the car. Now, I've had a big dinner, so I'm thinking on a full stomach. But I know that if you don't give them the cars, and you don't win immunity, you're the next to go home. Giving away the cars buys you at least one more day out there. It also means that you, at the very least, win the 4th place prize instead of the 5th. I'm not sure what the difference is, but it has to be enough to buy a car. And if you do make it to the final four, there are three people one the jury who you gave a car to -- that seems like 3 automatic votes to me.

Speaking of votes on the jury, I have no idea what Steph is thinking. She understands that she clearly doesn't have Judd or Jamie's votes. She probably doesn't have Bobby Jon's either. And she knows that voting out Cindy will be another vote against her. So why would she put another vote against her on the jury? I just don't get it.

The immunity challenge was good, but I was so hoping to catch a contestant running towards the finish line without enough rope, full speed, only to be pulled back. Steph slowed down, so, not quite as funny. Still funny to watch though.

Tribal council wasn't much of a shock. I was hoping that Steph would give immunity to Cindy, but clearly she had already decided to go against her word again instead. The curse of the car lives on. I loved Cindy's final words as she left..."I'll think of you whenever I look at the stars through the sun roof of my new car." Hee hee!

Finale is Sunday. I think tonight's vote enures Danni a place in the final two. And Cindy was right -- Danni will beat any of them at the end.

No comments: