Tuesday, December 06, 2005

So, before I write about tonight's episode of The Amazing Race: Family Edition, a note about why there's no blog about Fear Factor. Simple reason, really -- I don't like Fear Factor. The stunts are fine (although it shocks me that anyone is crazy enough to do them) -- it's the gross and creepy crawly stuff I hate. Word is that there will be a lot more stunts and less gross stuff this season, but I don't care. For me, fear really is a factor. Ugh.

Ok, so on to tonight's episode of Amazing Race. Last week I questioned why the Linzes were not given a time credit for the fact that the production team draining their battery. Tonight we found out why -- it didn't matter. All the teams bunched up at the ranch. I guess I should have seen that coming. Every time a team finds themselves in that sort of predicament, things sort of even out. Either there's a non-elimination leg, or an overnight, or a bunch point. I don't ever remember there being a season like that before. Usually if a team falls far behind, oh well. Teams have finished hours later. There have even been legs where a team is so far behind that they end up skipping a few stops on their way to the mat. I just don't understand the producers' motivation behind constantly evening up the teams. It just doesn't make for overly compelling television.

Thankfully, the Weavers weren't nearly as annoying as they have been. Although, I loved seeing karma come up and bite them in the butt when they got pulled over for speeding. I did actually laugh out loud. And they very clearly are almost out of gas. I still don't understand why they didn't fill up when they were stopped at the gas station...they could have at least put a gallon or two in while the mom asked for directions. My guess is that it will come into play next week, since they very clearly highlighted that decision.

I really wasn't sad to see the "desperate houswives" get eliminated; their arguing was getting on my nerves. But I understand how that works with sisters. I love my sister, but there is no way she would make it home alive.

Two hour season finale next week...my prediction is that the Linzes & Bransens have a close finish but that the Linzes finally pull out the win. (and my goodness Meg deserves it for putting up with those brothers!!!)

No comments: