Monday, June 25, 2007

Results Make Me Cranky

I've only been back to the blog for about a week, and already I'm cranky. I didn't like that Ricky went home the first week on SYTYCD?, and I HATED the results of the show this past week. I appreciate the fact that "America" doesn't always vote for the best dancers. And that's why I like the format of these rounds of the show - that the judges have a say as well. But given who was in the bottom three last week, I don't agree with the decision the judges made. No doubt it was a hard choice - the bottom three was shocking. But I just didn't understand it. Sending Faina home wasn't such a shock. Based on their solos it should have been Jessi, but she really didn't belong in the bottom three at all. And Faina did. It was the guys that made me so cranky. I don't understand why the judges are so enamored with Cedric. Yes, he's good at what he does. But he's not good at anything else. Think about all those specialty dancers that didn't make it through Vegas for that very reason. Yet somehow he keeps making it through. So we had to say goodbye to Jimmy, who was a really good dancer; the only reason he went home is because he was up against Cedric.

No comments: