Thursday, June 21, 2007

So You Think You Can Dance? is BACK!

My favorite show of last summer was So You Think You Can Dance?, and this season hasn’t disappointed. The dancers are even better than before, and the choreography has been amazing.

Lauren & Neil aren’t my favorite couple. They probably should have been in the bottom three last week, and I wouldn’t be shocked to see them there tonight. They’re good dancers individually, but aren’t great together.

I really like Pasha – he might be one of my favorite male dancers. It’s a shame that he’s been paired with Jessi. There’s something about her that just rubs me the wrong way. They were really good this week – I loved the choreography, and they were fantastic.

I agreed with Nigel & Mary about Jaimie & Hok. They were very entertaining, but not so great with the dancing. Jaimie is lucky to be paired with Hok – he seems to have a reasonably large fan base. Otherwise she would have gone home last week. They’re both great at what they do, but not much else; I don’t know how long they can get by in this competition.

Dominic & Sabra were phenomenal. So much of what was in the routine looked easy but was actually very difficult. And to think that Dominic was able to do it makes it even more impressive. I think they’re both favorites to go far in the competition.

Faina & Cedric are another couple who are phenomenal in their fields, but aren’t great outside of them. Their foxtrot just wasn’t very good. They don’t seem to partner well together, and should probably be in the bottom three. I don’t see the appeal of either of them; I wouldn’t be sad to see them go.

My favorite couple last week was Lacey & Kameron, and I loved them again this week. I thought the routine was a perfect mix of pizzazz & sexiness (even if Mia thought it needed more pizzazz). And I agree with the judges that their connection is superb. It reminds me of Benji’s relationship with Donyelle last season. Absolutely fabulous.

Danny & Anya were also phenomenal. They’re a great example of how a good dancer can dance in any style. The difference between them and some of the others who had to stretch beyond their own styles is night and day. They’ll be in the competition for awhile.

There’s something about Jimmy & Shauna that I just love. Their routine this week was so unique and danced so well. I loved them last week as well – they’re definitely a top couple this season.

Sara & Jesús are an interesting couple. They’re so good at their own styles, and there’s something about them dancing together that’s very captivating. During their dance I was thinking the same thing as Mia – the music was all wrong. I watched it back on mute and it was much better.

If “America” gets it right this week, it shouldn’t be hard to choose the bottom three – Faina & Cedric, Lauren & Neil, and Jaimie & Hok. Should be interesting to see if they do, especially since Mary was so adamant that they got it wrong last week.

No comments: