Thursday, June 21, 2007

I'm Back...

That’s right, I’m back. After a short break, I’m ready to settle into the summer shows.

I’m not really sure when tv execs decided that summer should be the time for new series, instead of the re-runs that were on every night in the summers growing up. But, for the most part, I like the trend. I wish I could say the same thing for the shows.

I’ve already given up on a couple of this summer’s big shows. On the Lot was good for the first episode (when they highlighted the creative process of the directors). Then it wasn’t. I quickly decided to cut my losses on that one. Same with Pirate Master. I SO wanted to like the show. But after about 15 minutes, the show was so unwatchable I had to turn it off. What a shame. And I didn’t even try with America’s Got Talent this season. It was so horrible last summer – I don’t see how Sharon Osbourne could make it better.

So what’s left? So You Think You Can Dance? is back, and I love it again. And Big Brother starts again in a few weeks. I also have Age of Love ready to watch on my tivo – I just wish the tv people wouldn’t put these things on opposite Red Sox games. :)

No comments: