Saturday, November 25, 2006

A Very Survivor Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday. What's not to like? It has the best food of any holiday (mmmm...turkey & pie...), no religious implications, not overly commercialized, and is just a wonderful time to just reconnect with family and friends. In my family, it also means overly competitive charades. It's my first year in awhile being on a losing team (and I do mean teams...there were 20 of us this year), so I'm sure you understand why my Survivor blog is a bit late. I'm ok now. I think. But what better to take my mind off of the crushing Thanksgiving charades defeat then the best episode of Survivor: Cook Islands of the season?

It really was the best episode of the season. Some thoughts...After last week's surprise double vote, there wasn't any surprise that the tribes merged tonight. But this might be the first merge where the survivors ate and drank so much that they actually got sick. Well, at least some did. How stupid do you have to be? You actually have a chance to put some real food in you and instead you focus on getting drunk? And did you notice the actual good move by many from the former Aitu tribe? It seemed like all four of them were drinking orange juice instead of alcohol. WAY smarter move (and probably one of the best drinks they could have on the island).

All of a sudden, I love Jonathan. Early on in the episode he had the best quote of the night - "I'm not going to lose because you kids can't get your asses out of bed." Hee hee! He was pretty stupid to mutiny, but has figured out that you need to align with the person who has the hidden idol in order to win. I'm sure that he played out each scenario in his head, and the only good game play move was to go back to the 4 members of Aitu. The look on Raro's faces when Nate was voted out was AMAZING. I actually shrieked. And it looks like next week he's finally fed up with feeding people who do nothing. So much for all the whites to the end.

Adam & Candice kissing? Ugh. They are both SO dirty...they haven't washed in weeks, and there they are kissing and sucking each others dirty fingers. Gross gross gross. Stick to the game.

I still am in love with Ozzy and Yul. They're both so cute, and such amazing game players. I loved the bit during the immunity challenge where the guys are complaining about having bigger feet (and making the challenge harder) and Yul explains why it really is harder. Then, adds "I'm never going to get another date again." Oh Yul, Parvati is right - smart IS sexy.

In the end, I loved that Nate finally got what was coming to him. And I think it's pretty safe to say that we'll see two Aitu members in the final two (didn't I choose Becky to win before the season even started? Go back and check the archives...it's a post in August...).

No comments: